Horizon Breakout (Zombies)
Gameplay - Non-critical kills = 100 points. Critical/Melee kills = 200 points. Every 100 points of healing to you or teammates = 100 points. Use points to purchase more areas in the map or new heroes to play. If an ally dies, you can revive them by standing in the circle left at the position they died. The time it takes to revive a teammate increases with each revive, and resets each round.
Enemies - Enemies scale in strength, health, and speed with each player, as well as the round number. Enemies have a chance to drop powerups, which include 3x Points, Increased Speed, Increased Damage, Unlimited Ultimate, a Passive Heal, and a Freezing Zone around each player.
Challenge Rounds - Every 5th round is a "Rampage Round" where enemies ult upon spawning, and constantly jump at players. Other rounds have a chance to be one of 6 other challenge rounds. They modify the round and make it more, well.. challenging! In exchange you are rewarded with points that scale up with the Round number. The 6 possible challenge rounds are as follows:
- Levitation Rounds - Players and enemies levitate for a few seconds upon taking damage.
- Team Up Rounds - Players take extra damage when they are separated from their teammates.
- Volatile Air Rounds - Players and enemies take damage over time if they are in the air at any time.
- Ghost Rounds - Enemies rotate between being visible and invisible for seconds at a time.
- Juggernaut Rounds - One enemy gains a lot of health and a little more damage for the entire round.
- Self Destruct Rounds - Every enemy explodes upon death, dealing damage to nearby players.
Map Secrets - In Hammond's room you can spend points to gain a tank character and a certain amount of energy based on the current Round number. You can hold reload to swap between your hero and your tank. Killing an enemy as your tank reduces your energy by 1. Upon depleted energy, the tank is lost. Upon dying as your tank, your tank is lost and you get instantly revived. On the moon Rover outside, you can activate the "Power" which enables the use of the Teleporter next to Point A. Once the teleporter is "stabilized", you can activate it by finding the switch (a turquoise circle) placed randomly on the map. The teleporter stays open for a minute, and transports you to a saferoom where you can purchase Reaper for a high price, as well as increase your Damage, Healing Output, or Max Health for points.
Solo Play - While playing alone, you can purchase a perk called Mercy's Blessing in the saferoom. Once purchased, you will automatically revive once you are downed. This perk does not work if there are other players in the game. If you get the perk, someone joins, and then leaves, you can once again use the perk.
- Melee Kills now award bonus points similar to headshot kills, making it possible for non-headshot heroes to accumulate extra points
- Lowered damage from Self Destruct Challenge Round explosions from 100 to 25
- Decreased base health of Winston bots from 100% to 50%
- Increased clip size of Winston bots from 25% to 50%
- Added Challenge Rounds. Currently there are 6 different challenge rounds that modify the round in some way to make things more interesting. Upon completion of the round, players are awarded points scaled by the Round number. Rampage Rounds still occur regularly every 5 rounds.
- Reworked Rent-A-Tank. Instead of purchasing an overpowered tank for the rest of the round, players can now purchase a random tank and switch back and forth between their hero and their tank (Health maintained). The tank is given "Energy", which scales up with Round number. With each elimination as the tank, the Energy depletes. At 0 energy, the player's tank is lost and must rent a new one. If the player dies while using their tank, their tank is lost but they are instantly revived.
- Zombies now have a speed cap, while their health and damage continues to scale up with Round number.
- Added Echo
- Added a purchasable ending at round 30 and beyond. Players can gather in the circle and pool their points together to achieve victory.
- Players that join after round 10 are now given points scaled based on the Round number
- Mercy's damage boost now awards her points when her targets receives eliminations
- Mercy now receives points for using resurrect
- Sombra can no longer use translocator in the teleporter room
- Tracer can no longer recall into the teleporter room
- Raised the points received for headshot kills by 100
- Added a couple zombie spawnpoints
- Genji's deflect now makes him invincible for
- Permaheal powerup now scales with player's healing dealt
- Fixed an issue where leaving after picking up a powerup made the powerup permanent for the rest of your team
- Megadamage powerup now adds 400 to your current Damage Dealt instead of setting it to 500
- Reduced price of Hammond's Rent-A-Tank to 7000
- Added Mercy's Blessing: A self-rez item that can be purchased in the secret room. When purchased, you will automatically revive when downed. This mechanic only works when you're alone
- Added Brigitte, Pharah, Symmetra, and Lucio. Yay! All characters!
- Reduced hero costs as following: Zenyatta > 1000 Hanzo > 2000 Soldier 76 > 2000 Mercy > 2000 Ashe > 2000 Baptiste > 2000 Sombra > 3000 Junkrat > 3000 Tracer > 3000 Moira > 4000 Mei > 4000 Doomfist > 4000 Bastion > 10000 Reaper > 20000
- If there is only one player, Ana can now Nano Boost herself
- Fixed some bugs dealing with visibility of certain effects
- Changed the Small Messages regarding Points earned to Custom Strings for better communication!
- Players that join late will now teleport to a random living player!
- Healing no longer awards points when there are 6 or fewer enemies remaining in the round. This is to prevent players from waiting until the last couple enemies to farm points from healing one another.
- Went through and renamed all variables to describe what they actually do instead of just A-Z. If you wanted to make any changes for your own versions, it should be a little easier to figure out which variable does what now!
- Changed a ton of Strings to my own Custom Strings so they are more descriptive and actually make a little more sense!
- Made some more optimizations, more to come. So the next patch is apparently a remaster? Hopefully this means our workshop gamemodes will be more stable.
- Reduced the healing dealt upgrade increments by 10
- The last Winston alive will now be shown with a skull icon
- Slightly reduced the chance of the Triple Points powerup from dropping
- Increased healing received from the Passive Heal powerup
- Reduced the duration of the Triple Points powerup (Sorry again, but if you got this powerup just a couple times in the early game it pretty much guaranteed you to survive until you gave up)
- Changed hero prices as following: Widowmaker:2000>1000, Genji:2000>1000, Doomfist:15000>12000, Mei:15000>12000
- Players who join late in the game (After Round 10) will receive the Passive Heal, 5xDamage, and Speed powerups for 25 seconds to help them group up with the rest of the players, and gain some sort of a foothold
- Optimized the code a little bit so it is less stressful on the servers
- Winstons drop shields much less frequently now
- Swapped Moira and Baptiste
- Winston now drops a shield when he spawns, and when he uses his Jump Pack to close distance. This creates a varying space to play in, and reduces the effectiveness of camping in one spot, with or without a turret.
- Bots now properly return to their normal stats after using ultimate.
- Bot Health, Damage, and Speed will now update more frequently. Up until now I thought it was constantly reevaluating the parameters that influence their stats, but I was wrong. Now it will update every time they respawn, or if someone leaves the match.
- Added Sombra
- Moved Torbjorn and significantly increased his price (Sorry :frowning: He is super powerful in this and people went straight for him almost every time)
- Tweaked some revive mechanics to hopefully eliminate the issue where player 3 isn't being brought back. Keeping an eye on this!
- Fixed an issue where the Winstons were circling around dead players
- Corpses no longer need to be teleported far away from the map to prevent Winstons from approaching them, allowing Mercy to properly resurrect players
- Doubled the frequency of healing points
- Added a new spawn point for Winstons to help prevent camping
- Total earned points are shown at the end of the game
Changed some prices, added a way to manually leave the secret room in case you get stuck in there (Some people were getting in by having someone revive you while they were inside the room)
This revision contains no notes