A recreation of Uno in the overwatch workshop. Can be played with any amount of players, in over 100 different locations. The mode also supports various optional cards and settings.
Each player's hand of cards is displayed on the left side of their screen. An indicator is shown above the card which is currently selected, along with some additional information depending on the card. The current player is highlighted with a white (or orange, when a +2/+4 was played) beam. When a +4/+2 card has been played, the number in brackets shows the amount of cards to be taken by the next player. +4 and +2 cards can be stacked to make the next player draw more cards.
The game draws cards from a predetermined deck (see 'settings' for more information about customizing the deck). If the deck is depleted, or if the HUD text limit has been reached, no more cards are dealt to players until the amount of cards in the deck increases again.
Players can not join mid-match, new players must wait until the next round to play.
- [primary fire]/[secondary fire] cylce through your cards.
- [jump] play the currently selected card.
- [crouch] take a card and pass your turn to the next player. If a +2/+4 has been played in the previous turn, multiple cards are drawn
- [ability 2] cycle through the color of wild/+4 cards. Wild cards must be assigned a color before being played. [ability 2] is also used to select a player to swap with for swap cards.
- [ultimate ability] to toggle between normal view and cinematic camera
- [interact] to sort the cards in your hand.
Optional rules & special cards
This gamemode has several settings and optional cards that can be added to the deck. To change the settings:
- Open the workshop editor
- Open the first rule called [Gamemode settings]
- Open the action representing the setting you want to edit
- Change the value to 'True' to enabled a rule or 'False' to disable it (or change the value of the number if a number is required)
- Close the workshop editor, the new settings will take effect next match
The available settings are as follows:
- Turn time limit: (default: 30) If a player does not make a move before they reach the turn time limit, they automatically take a card. The time limit can be disabled by setting it to 0.
- Allow jump-ins: (enabled by default) Allows players to play a card with the same symbol and color of the card on the discard pile to play that card even when it is not their turn. The order of play continues from that player.
- Enable swap cards: (enabled by default) Adds 2 'swap' cards to the deck for each color when enabled. Swap cards allow a player to swap hands with another player they previously selected using [ability 2].
- Enable ×2 cards: (enabled by default) Adds 2 '×2' cards to the deck when enabled. When stacked on a +2/+4, it doubles the cards the next player has to take when played. Acts as a +2 if no +2/+4 was played previously.
- Enable copycat cards: (enabled by default) Adds 2 'copycat' cards to the deck when enabled. Copycat cards copy the symbol and color of the last played card. When the last played card is a swap card, a player can be selected.
- Enable swap-all card: (disabled by default) Adds a single 'swap-all' card to the deck when enabled. When played, every player passes their hand to the next, in the direction of play.
- Enable shuffle card: (disabled by default) Adds a single 'shuffle' card to the deck when enabled. When played, all hands are shuffled together. Every player receives the same number of cards they had before the shuffle card was played.
- Amount of starting cards: The amount of cards players start with. (This number should be small enough such that the HUD text limit is not reached, otherwise cards may appear invisible) (The deck should contain at least the amount of cards that should be dealt at the start of the match + 1)
- Amount of colors: (default: 4, max: 10) The amount of colors to use in the deck. Because every card held by a player is a different HUD text, increasing variety of cards can make it much easier to reach the HUD text limit. A large amount of colors when playing with a large amount of players is not recommended.
- Amount of numbers: (default: 10, min:1) The amount of numbers to use for cards in the deck. Increasing the amount of numbers can make it easier to reach the HUD text limit. (see 'amount of colors')
- Use icons: (disabled by default) Replaces the numbers on cards with icons.
- Colors: The colors to use for cards in the deck. By default, only the first 4 colors (red, yellow, green & blue) are used. The colors which are used can be changed by moving the desired color to the front of the list using the arrows.
- Added an option to change the amount of cards players start with
- Added various new cards and optional settings
- Added loads of new animations
- Increased default player count to 12 and added a mechanic to prevent reaching the HUD text limit
- Added a sort button to sort the cards in your hand
- Added support for workshop maps (expanse is disabled by default but can be enabled)
- Reworked various parts of the GUI to make gameplay more intuitive
- Rewrote most of the script using the newer workshop features (subroutines, if/else, loops...), and added comments to make it actually readable
- Fixed an issue that caused the game to no longer work properly after patch 1.45
- Fixed an issue that caused the game to no longer work after patch 1.43
- Added seasonal variants of maps to the map pool
- Updated the instructions for controls in the top right corner
- Switched over to the built-in map detection method
- Renamed variables
- Added Havana to the map pool
- Updated strings
- Fixed workshop rule names
- Rewrote and optimized a lot of code
- Fixed a lot of bugs
- The jump-in and cross-stacking settings are now enabled by default
- Jump-ins causes a 'hacked' effect for the player whose turn it was
- Added an selected player hud text for 7-0 rules
- Added new effects for 7-0 rules
- Can now be played as a team game on skirmish maps
- Reduced the maximum amount of players from 12 to 10 as per the official uno rules and because playing with a large amount of players can cause the game to break the hud text limit
- Various small tweaks
- Fixed only Volskaya Industries being enabled by default
- Fixed a bunch of minor issues
- Completely rewrote the map detection/location selector code
- Added a number of new locations on exising maps
- Added a map debug mode setting that can be used to add new locations
- Added an additional effect to make it much easier to see the color of the card on the table
- Added effects to make it easier to see the selected player when playing with 7/0 rules
- A couple of minor tweaks and fixes, and maybe some other stuff I forgot about
- Added an optional setting to enable 7/0 rules
- 7 cards swap your hand with a selected player ([ability 2] to select)
- 0 cards moves each player hand to the next player in the direction of play
- Reverse cards now function as skip cards when playing with 2 players
- Fixed a couple of minor issues
- Added an optional setting to allow horizontal movement
- [Ability 1] now toggles show card numbers of other players
- Removed the old card number text effects
- Added new visual effects
- Fixed a bunch of minor issues
- Added a cinematic camera (toggle with ult)
- Fixed spectating camera being obstructed on some maps
- Fixed not all maps being enabled by default
- Fixed a bug that caused invalid cards to be added to the deck
- Added an optional setting to make players draw cards until they play one
- Fixed a bug causing a random number of cards to be deleted at the start of the match
- Fixed a bunch of minor issues
- Added an optional setting to jump-ins
- The match time now displays the total time elapsed
- Fixed a bunch of minor bugs
- Added an optional setting to allow +2/+4 cards to be stacked onto eachother
- +2/+4 cards now display the amount of cards that have to be taken from the deck
- The amount of cards each player has can now be seen on the scoreboard
- A message is now displayed when a player tries to use an uncolored card
- Fixed a bug that caused the game to start in an invalid state
- Fixed a bug that caused leaving players to add invalid cards to the deck
- New players can now still join during hero selection
- Players can now jump and crouch (making crouch toggle visible)
- Made the color of the central card easier to see on most maps
- Added a sound effect when it is your turn
- Fixed previously played +4/pick cards still having a color when drawn
This revision contains no notes