👀 Staring Contest
Stare into the eyes (head) of your opponent to stay alive.
Move around to mess up your opponent's stare.
Stay within the green circle.
Last person staring wins!
First to 10 points win.
Special thanks to PoundJvever for the thumbnail.
Small update for this one.
- Added night version of Workshop Island and Workshop Expanse.
- Time to kill for not staring increased from 2s to 3s.
Comments: With the recent changes to how the stare detection works (v1.4.0), and the ability to jump and crouch (v1.3.0), the difficulty of the game has gone up. Increasing the time to kill gives you more time to recover from not staring, and also makes the game a bit longer.
- Fixed a bug where sometimes the Team 1 player can face the opposite direction when spawning into position.
- Updated the information/description for the Workshop.
- Disabled Echo's Glide ability in the Hero settings rather than through Workshop.
Improvements to Stare Detection
- There is an overhaul to the Stare Detection.
- The Stare Detection is simply to check if you are within view angle of the Eye Position of the enemy player.
- This creates an inconsistent eligible field of view if you are close to the enemy player.
- There is also a problem where if you are point blank to the enemy, it detects as "not eligible" and you start taking damage.
- Crouching makes no difference at all.
- Due to how the Eye Position is detected, some heroes are causing detection problem. Players can take damage even at starting view position.
- The new Stare Detection solves those problems.
- The view is eligible if your crosshair is within the limited distance from the eye position of the player.
- Your eligible view is still more consistent.
- You will not take damage at point blank range.
- Crouching actually makes a difference between winning and losing now.
- Deals with the heroes with problematic detection problem, as a result, new heroes are added.
New Playable heroes
- Roadhog (Has 198 HP but still same time to die as others)
- Rectify the description to say "green circle" instead of "yellow circle".
- Replaced workshop creator (me) to be DragonEngineer, which is my general gaming name, instead of the battle.net one (DragonKnight).
- A fancy new Introduction to the game at Round 1.
- You can now crouch and jump.
Previously Staring Contest didn't allow crouching and jumping, this made the aiming one-dimensional. Adding crouching and jumping to the game makes the aiming two-dimensional, and hence more fun and challenging! Heroes that have passives tied to Jump and Crouch keys, like Mercy, Baptiste, and Hanzo, has received relevant treatment so their passives cannot trigger.
- Some technical changes to the codes.
- Fix a bunch of infinite loops.
- Disabled inspector recording for more optimised performance.
- Temple of Anubis
- Volskaya Industries
- Code changes to include the new Workshop feature, such as if-else.
- Workshop Chamber
- Workshop Island
- Workshop Expanse
New map detector
King's Row (Winter)
Horizon Lunar Colony
- Player takes damage more quickly when they move out of the arena.
- Arena ring colour changed from yellow to green.
- Map detection tech changes.
- Ecopoint: Antarctica (Winter)
- Black Forest (Winter)
- Chateau Guillard (Halloween)
- Eichenwalde (Halloween)
- Blizzard World (Winter)
- Hanamura (Normal and Winter)
- Hollywood (Normal and Halloween)
- 1 arena moved to new location in Blizzard World
- 1 arena moved to new location in Eichenwalde
- 1 arena slightly adjusted in Ecopoint: Antarctica
New Playable Heroes
They are removed due to eye position detection issue.
Countdown (3... 2... 1...) will now appear as small message.
Previously when the countdown happens (3... 2... 1... GO!!!), they are shown as Big Message, the number after it will replace the previous number. But now, the Big Message will stay for a much longer time, before showing the next number, thereby desynchronising the countdown timer and sound effect. This mess up is Blizzard's end and I have no way to fix it. To work around this, I made the numbers section of the Countdown as Small Message, while the Round number and 'GO!!!' will still appear as big message
Time between showing Round number and starting of countdown increased from 2s to 3s
This is so that right before 'GO!!!' appears, the "Hold F1 to view hero details" will disappear.
Reduced Assemble Heroes phase from 8s to 3s
This should have faster games. Since each round can be pretty short, thereby you should now spend less time waiting and selection heroes than playing the game.
- Added Dorado and Blizzard World to the playable map pool
- Updated workshop description to include my Workshop Discord
- Fixed a bug that players can earn points while waiting for player (Lobby only has 1 player)
- Fixed a bug that cause players to earn points even though the round ended in Draw
- Converted the gamemode to Team Deathmatch, so no more those long starting introductions.
- Added heroes: Genji, Lucio, Mei, Reaper, with their health and movement speed scaled accordingly
- Added maps: Paris, Eichenwalde, Petra, Chateau Guillard
- Removed maps: Ayutthaya (Not available in TDM)
- Removed heroes: Zenyatta (Due to weird head hitbot)
- Some technical changes to incorporate TDM mode
- Players now spawn closer to each other
- Removed the 1 minute timer
- Increased points to win from 5 points to 10 points
- Increased tickrate for taking damage when not staring
This revision contains no notes