🎯 Marksman (If you miss, you die)
Please go to https://workshop.codes/marksman for the information about Marksman. All future updates will be released on workshop.codes
Small update for this one
- Added Workshop Island (Night Mode).
- Reduce respawn time from 3 seconds to 1 second, so you can get back into the fight faster.
- Updated the Workshop description/information.
- Players joining mid-game should now get the gamemode introduction.
- Removed Hero Selection Phase since everyone will be playing the same hero.
- A introduction to the game now appears at the start of the game, and for newly joined players.
- Added the special rules for each hero at the top of the screen.
- Some optimisations.
- Workshop Chamber
- Workshop Island
Update to scoring
- Ana gets +3 points for landing a sleep dart.
Since she didn't have a way to get a +3 points bonus, landing sleep darts will be one way to close up gaps with the next player, or further your lead.
Re-order of the rounds
- Round 1 is now Mccree: With flashbang available, players can stun their targets to make aiming easier. There is a lack of vertical movement, making matchup more 1 dimensional.
- Round 2 is now Ana: There is no reliable stuns available unless one can land their sleep darts, there is also scope that lowers field of view. There is a lack of vertical movement, making matchup more 1 dimensional.
- Round 3 is still Ashe. Larger Field of View Scope but has coach gun for vertical movement, making matchup somewhat 2 dimensional.
- Round 4 is now Widowmaker. Smaller Field of View Scope makes aiming more demanding, and more difficult to keep track of the surrounding. Has Grappling Hook for a more 2 dimensional matchup.
- Round 5 is now Baptiste. Players will need to be able to control their recoil, constantly has Exo Boots so the matchup is always 2 dimensional.
- A sound effect is played for landing a headshot.
- Allows queuing players to join this game.
Overhaul to the gamemode
- Total 5 rounds: Ana -> Mccree -> Ashe -> Baptiste -> Widowmaker
- Each round lasts for 90 seconds
- All players will play the same hero (Like mirrored deathmatch)
- At the end of each round, change to a new hero.
- Disabled quick melee.
Changes to scoring
- No longer earns points for getting final blow
- Hit with primary fire: +1 Point
- Headshot with primary fire: +3 Points
- Ana: Disabled Biotic Grenade
- Ashe: Disabled Dynamite
- Baptiste: Disabled Regenerative Burst
- Widowmaker: Disabled Venom Mine
I did the overhaul for a few reasons
- Provide a fair playing ground for all players, so that a player's win can't be purely decided by whichever hero is the best objectively.
- Having all players playing the same hero means I don't have to worry about hero balance, since everyone will be playing the same hero, adding flexibility to adding heroes for the future.
- Forces players to play all the heroes with different aim requirements. To claim the #1 spot for Marksman, you need to be good at all of them, Difficulty increases each round.
Ana: Aim with slight aim assist, don't really need to worry about headshots.
Mccree: Standard burst/flick shot, stun available for easier aiming.
Ashe: Scoped burst/flick shot, but no stuns available to use.
Baptiste: Three rounds burst with recoils.
Widowmaker: Scoped burst/flick shot with a small view angle when scoped.
- You are now also rewarded for headshots.
- Baptiste (No immortality field)
- Seasonal maps
This revision contains no notes