It's Time for a Revert | Mass Rez Mercy
Inspired by Mercy's original Ultimate Resurrect, this build reworks Mercy in a way that brings back Mass Res in all of it’s former glory, as well as includes improvements to make her balanced, fair, and fun. The goal of these builds is to make a version of Mercy that looks and feels as smooth and authentic as the original, give players who may have never played with Mass Rez back then a chance to experience a version of it, and for Mercy veterans to relive the glory days of an impactful multi-rez ability, re-imagined in modern form.
This build is a labor of love, a passion project of mine, is updated constantly, and is one of the most state-of-the-art / advanced mods of Mercy ever created in the workshop.
Psst! Play on Console? Use the CNSL VERSION instead!
0.8.1 CNSL Version: TKA0S
- Former Ultimate - Resurrect: Mass Rez makes a return, with a new animation, a cast time, effects, and dynamic soul physics. Literally raise the dead as you rise up from the ground, bringing back your dead allies. Mercy also benefits from no speed reduction on the cast, and can earn a boost of flight on perfect rezzes. Use these mechanics to your advantage! The physics-based Resurrect system has been redesigned to use ray-casting. Ray-casting, as well as improvements to LOS, and teleporting souls ensures that every resurrect feels snappy, fluid, and accurate.
- New Burst heal E-Ability - Intensive Care: Within it’s duration, targets on Mercy’s team will have a yellow aura. This aura cleanses most statuses on the target, and Healing targets with the aura will give the additional burst heal. Intensive Care can only be activated while Mercy is Healing or Damage boosting.
- New Passive Ability - Clairvoyance: When Mercy’s Ultimate is ready, she uses the powers of her Valkyrie suit to mark nearby souls within her LOS. Souls will sparkle when Q is pressed, and an icon of the dead team mate in view will be visible at the top of the screen for a brief period. This ability is only usable when she has her ultimate, but be careful, enemies can see you use it as well.
- New Rez Mechanic added - Superb Resurrects: If a strict set of conditions are met, Mercy can perform a Superb Resurrect. Superb Resurrects are perfect resses that are slightly faster and harder to counter than normal resses, but are very rare, as they are more difficult to pull off. Superb Resurrects reward the player by playing one of 4 of Mercy’s set voicelines at random, as well as change the camera perspective to 3rd person view. Try to go in bold for a risky 5-man rez for a chance at a Superb Resurrect!
Improved HUD Indicators: Will let you know in detail who you are attempting to revive, how many players you've resurrected, & show when Intensive Care is on a cool-down.
As time progresses, I will update and tweak it as I go. Nonetheless, this is the start of a new Era, and I’m more than excited to be a part of it with you.
I hope you all have fun playing this mod as much as I had making it. Enjoy!
Version History | Older Versions (& Import Codes):
ver 0.8: 1FCGX
ver 0.7: ZHH9Z
ver 0.6: T66BM
ver 0.5: CJW2F
ver 0.4: Y00K6
ver 0.3: G9C47
ver 0.2: ZBFVS
ver 0.1: WF8NR
Older CNSL Versions:
ver. 0.8 CNSL: GF9G4
ver. 0.7.1 CNSL: WAE4N
For News & Updates about this build, where to ask questions and more:
Follow me on Twitter (I'm super active on here!)
Subscribe to me on YouTube (I release update videos here!)
Visit the official thread on the Blizzard Forums (Patch notes and more!)
- Fixed Error Importing Game Settings Code because Numbani map was disabled.
- Fixed Invalid Options error because Numbani map was disabled.
- Resurrect now uses ray-tracing. Allowing for resses to be faster and more accurate.
- New mechanic Superb Resurrects have been added, rewarding players with more utility in how to use the ultimate.
- HUD indicators revised to be more clear and concise.