This is a recreation of the Steam game "Mindnight" by No Moon which is also based on the board game "The Resistance". 5 to 10 players are supported.
2 hackers (3 if 7+ players and 4 if 10 players) are hiding in your group. These players know who their teammates are. The rest of the group are agents and have no information about the others. Hackers will try to gain the group's trust.
5 objectives are in the game. For each objective, a player must propose a team of players that are going to tamper with the objective. They can pick themself in the team. Once they have confirmed their choice, all players must vote if they want to allow the chosen team to tamper with the objective. If the team is refused or the player decides to skip their turn, the next player counter-clockwise will get to pick a team. If 5 teams are rejected in a row, hackers automatically win. So, make sure the last person to pick a team is trustworthy.
On the other hand, if a majority of players accept the team, the selected team will secretly tamper with the objective. Each member has 15 seconds to either secure or hack the objective. Agents may only secure. Hackers can either secure or hack. If they hack the objective, hackers get a point. If all players secure it, agents get a point. The objective result and the team members are saved in the objective history. After some talking time, the next player can propose a team.
Agents need to guess who are the hackers in the group by using the objective history, the vote history and their deduction skills. Hackers need to fool the agents by acting like a member of their team to be accepted in an objective.
Either team can win if they get 3 points.
To activate Mainframe, toggle the first rule in the Workshop menu
Mainframe adds 3 new roles:
- ADMIN : The admin is an agent who knows the members of the hacker team. Their role is to help the other agents find the hackers without reveiling their own identity to the hackers.
- NUKER : The nuker is a hacker looking for the admin. When 3 objectives are secured, which would usually result in a win for agents, the nuker has a chance to guess who the admin is in the agent team. If they guess right, the hackers will take the win instead of the agents. Otherwise, agents win.
- SCRIPTY : The scripty is a lone hacker that is unknown to the other hackers. The scripty also doesn't know who their teammates are. The admin still sees them as a hacker.
JOIN MY DISCORD : Click here
- Optimized the code to increase performance.
- Added 4 new maps:
- Workshop Chamber
- Workshop Island
- Temple of Anubis
- Lijiang Garden
- Disabled the inspector to prevent the host player from cheating
- Petra has been disabled due to the breakable floor
- Melee is now enabled while waiting for players
- Added a second page to the rules explaining each role. You can access that page with secondary fire
- Fixed a bug that caused the game to end early in very rare occasions
- The circle in Horizon and King's Row has been moved out of the spawn due to a raycast problem
- When an objective is secured, a green ring will appear in the middle
- When an objective is hacked, the hack effect will be applied for a brief moment on the node team
- Better distance checker to fix a rare bug where a player would jitter in place
- Abilities that don't disturb the play area are now enabled when waiting for players
- Added 13 new maps:
- Ilios Lighthouse
- Ilios Ruins
- Ilios Well
- King's Row
- Nepal Village
- Nepal Sanctum
- Oasis Gardens
- Oasis University
- The circle in Horizon has been moved to the defender spawn due to players getting stuck in a wall
- You can now hold your ultimate key to show the details of your role.
- Fixed a bug that caused the camera to be placed in an unwanted location when pressing interact after the start of a game.
- The rules page will now be shown in front of a dark background on every map
- Looping emotes will automatically be cancelled while the player is choosing an option on the objective
- The majority of texts have been replaced with more descriptive custom strings
- Players can now press the interact key to see the game's description and rules
- Moved the play zone in Horizon to a flatter floor
- There is no more hero assembly time
The game now suports up to 10 players
D.Va will now spawn without her mech
-Added the team picker to the objective history
-The 5th objective participant is now shown in a separate HUD text in an attempt to counter the icon limit on strings
-Added the MAINFRAME gamemode with 3 new roles (read desc) -Extended the timer when a player disconnects -Fixed a bug that caused an extra hacker icon to appear at the end of the game with only 2 hackers
-The names of the teammates shown on the top left when being a hacker have been replaced by hero icons -The gamemode now starts automatically -A HUD text is now shown when the lobby doesn't have enough players to start the game
This revision contains no notes